The mini delta ribbon (MDR) connector and cable assembly interface are for Camera Link applications. The connector provides a variety of SDR solutions for machine vision and Camera Link applications that require a smaller form factor but offers high transmission speeds without sacrificing performance.
The SDR connector uses a ribbon contact system with a 0.8 mm contact pitch. The SDR low-profile, polarized, board-mount connectors are constructed of high temperature plastic bodies with 30 micron gold contacts, stamped metal EMI/ESD interface, and come with installed jack sockets and supporting board-mounting hardware. The installed jack socket is equipped to support the corresponding assembly thumbscrew interface. SDR board-mount products are offered in a selection of both vertical and right angle RoHS compliant PTH and SMT attachments.
A round gray type MDR SDR cable POCL has the following Salient Features:
- Carries power in addition to signal to enable use in base configuration Power over Camera Link (PoCL) applications
- Connects between mini CL style (SDR) I/O ports on PoCL cameras and Camera Link style (MDR) ports on PoCL frame grabbers
- Both straight and right angle cable exit available
- Three shielded quads and six unshielded twisted pairs
- Entire cable bundle shielded with foil and braid for additional signal protection
- Rugged ribbon type contact for reliable, repeatable connectivity
- Thumbscrew retention
- EMI shielded end-to-end for reduced emissions
A round Beige type MDR SDR cable Assembly has the following Salient Features:
- Supports new AIA Industrial CL standard for new mini Link camera to C/L framegrabber applications
- 11 shielded, twisted twinax pairs with four drain wires
- Double overall shield with inner foil and outer braid
- Rugged ribbon contact type
- Rugged thumbscrew retention
- R/A overmolded MDR backshells eliminate bend radius issues
Operating Temperature ranges are 0-70’C with Voltage and current ratings at 30V and 0.5 A respectively. The insulation resistance is 1 x 108 ohm min at 100 Vdc and the maximum withstanding voltage is 125 Vac RMS for 1 min.